Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Canine Spa Treatments










Copper is by my side, upside down, luxuriating under my massaging hands.  His tummy is exposed to the world and I can't resist rubbing his soft furry underbelly.  Canine eyes glaze over as if hypnotized.  A rawhide chew is in his mouth, doing nothing.  It just happened to be there when I started massaging so there it stays, wedged  between his teeth.  Front paws flop over limp.  

Does it get any better than this?

I stop.  Immediately his eyes enlarge and focus - going back to normal.  The rawhide is dropped to the side and up he raises.  "Hmmm, why did you stop?" he seems to say.  "The spa treatment is over already?"

He's still in arm's reach and I can't resist rolling his loose neck skin in my hand.  There is something for me in this.  Maybe it soothes my soul too.  My breathing slows; I am calm.  God surely gave us to each other, two different species of His making, enjoying each other on a couch in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment