Friday, September 7, 2012


What I Know About Mice





This is what I know about mice:

They travel in a line over pillows.  I know this is true because it happened to my mother when spending the night at her sister’s farmhouse.  Her head must have been a road block on their nightly excursion.  I think she heard them singing the song from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs: “Hi Ho, Hi Ho, it’s off to work we go. . .”

They can be scared to death.  Literally.  I know this also because of my mother. She spotted a mouse in her house, and screamed so loud the mouse fell over dead on the floor.  This saves on purchasing traps and wasting good cheese.

Their tails can fall off if you twirl them around enough times.  My four year old, who owned a pet mouse, forgot to count how many revolutions are required for this to happen, but eventually it does happen.  Warning, there will be a bit of blood to clean up.

I know other things about mice that aren’t so interesting to report because you already know them, but mention them briefly I will.  They leave droppings wherever they go. They live behind the walls in your house. They know how to gently lick peanut butter off of traps without springing them.  They hoard dog food by hiding it in the basement in the boxes of Christmas decorations.  They destroy fabric.  They like to visit in the spring and fall.  No one invites them.  They just show up after having been gone all summer.

So this is pretty much what I know about mice.

4 comments:

  1. What a great and funny way to start the weekend! Love your style, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I could have saved money by just screaming a lot each fall and spring?! Better keep this a secret from Chemwise. :0). So funny! Thanks for My daily laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh...what a pest they can be.
    I write and maintain a blog which I have entitled “Accordingtothebook” and I’d like to invite you to follow it.. I’m your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Covnitkepr, for following me. How did you stumble upon me?

      Delete