Wednesday, August 22, 2012


Jealousy


Jealousy was common;
  envy tagged along.
It seems these nasty feelings had been with me
  way too long.

Was it because I felt so empty?
  Was it insecurities?
Did my lack of passion and purpose
  feed these feelings deep in me?

Struggling to know direction
  Wanting to have a “call”
I’d look at other’s successes
  I’d criticize them all.

Then I met with Jesus,
  in a place of joy and light
He told me I had purpose
  He told me wrong from right.

The strengths I saw in others
  were give to them by Him
They were given with a purpose
  to bless all of earth’s men

Their strengths are for us all,
  and in this we should be glad.
Whatever someone else does well
  is never ever “bad”.

So now when someone’s talents
  shine for all to see;
I thank my heavenly Father,
  for helping me to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment